FREE Consultation T: 01 2157958
SPECIAL x5 Treatments €499
How VelaShape™ works
The secret behind VelaShape™ is elōs™ - the revolutionary technology that combines four powerful energies:
- Bi-Polar Radio Frequency (RF)
- Infrared Light energies
- Negative pressure (vacuum) and
- Tissue manipulation (mechanical massage)
Clinically supported results
The results of recent clinical studies using VelaShape technology show:
Improvement in shape and contour
- Treatments impact and remodel the targeted subcutaneous fat layer. Fat cells showed alteration in physical integrity with various forms of cell membrane rupture and/or reduction of fat tissue mass in treated areas (observed through biopsy studies)
- Circumferential reduction of the thighs of an average of 2cms, ranging up to 5.1cms.
- Circumference reduction of arms of 0.6cm reduction on average.
- Circumferential reduction of the hips of 3.2cm reduction on average.
- Circumferential reductions of 4.18cm on thighs, 5.73cm on abdomen, and 5.86cm around hips were achieved on average.
- Average circumferential reductions of 5.17cm from the abdomen, and 3.50cm from the thigh. These reductions were sustained 4 weeks later on the abdomen and thigh at 3.17cm and 3.50cm respectively, and one year later at 3.83cm and 3.13cm respectively without maintenance
- On post-pregnancy women, an average circumferential reduction of 5.93cm on the buttock, 2.5cm on the thigh and 7.37cm on the abdomen area.
Improvement in skin tone and smoothness
- Average improvement for all patients on the appearance of cellulite was 65% reduction.
- Clinical improvement averaging 50% reduction in cellulite appearance.
- Patient based assessment of cellulite and skin texture was 62% improvement and blinded doctor based evaluation of improvement was 40%.
- 50% of the subjects experienced significant visual improvement in cellulite and skin texture greater than 51%.
- All patients reported skin contraction as a result of the treatment.
- Skin and cellulite appearance continued to improve in 37.5% of subjects up to 8 weeks after the last treatment.
- Patient assessment of improvement was an average of 75% improvements at 3 months post treatment (62% by physicians) and 50% improvement at 6 months post treatment (50% by physicians), with no maintenance.
- Significant improvement in skin laxity and tightening was noted by both the physician and patients.
See the Velashape Results Gallery
What to expect during your VelaShape treatment
A lubricating spray is applied prior to treatment and you'll feel a deep, soothing heat in the targeted area. No body stockings or suits are required.
Patients have compared the feeling of the treatment to the sensation of an intense workout or a deep tissue massage. Some patients find the treatment so relaxing they drift to sleep. If you experience discomfort we can reduce settings to cater to your level of tolerance (however the higher the settings the more effective the treatment).
Aside from a hot sensation, certain patients experience a temporary redness in the treatment area. Some bruising may be possible; this will be reabsorbed by the body in a few days. You may resume your normal daily activities immediately after the session, even sports activities. Most patients go straight back to work or straight to the gym. Treatments don't involve sweating, so you will not need a shower afterwards.
Patients may notice a slight temporary increase in urine output following treatment. At least 2 and up to 4 litres of water per day is strongly recommended.